At Earth to Malibu, preserving the integrity of our oceans is a top priority. Utilizing plant-based and marine-based ingredients that keep the ocean in mind, our Ocean Botanical Daily Moisturizer SPF 30 sets the boundaries of what it means to be eco-efficient, while providing transformative skin care. As an added bonus, this lightweight, anti-oxidant rich moisturizer provides powerful sun protection that is safe for your body, as well as for Mother Nature.
- Organic Beta Carotene - natural moisturizing agents that include essential amino acids, proteins, and vitamins A,B,C,& E
- Rosemary Seed Extract - anti-aging antioxidant that fight free radicals
- Vitamin E Tocopherol - high in antioxidants that fight off free radicals, moisturizes and heals skin, anti-inflammatory, calm and soothes the skin
- Organic Coconut Oil – anti-inflammatory used for cleansing toxins & soothing properties
- Organic Mango Oil – hydrates the skin and reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- Carrot Oil – strong antioxidant that increases collagen production and improves the skins elasticity
- Lavender Oil - Rich in antioxidants with anti-inflammatory benefits, and fight free radicals
Nano Vs. Non-Nano Zinc Oxide
First of all, a nano particle is microscopic in size. A nanometer is one billionth of a meter.
According to ewg.org, a non-profit, non-partisan organization which helps protect families from toxic chemicals and pollutants, manufacturers often use nanosized versions of minerals such as zinc oxide to create mineral-based sunscreens. More research is needed to fully understand the extent to which nanoparticles may harm cells and organs if they are introduced into our bodies.
A nanoparticle is extremely tiny. Non-nano refers to particles that are not so tiny. When it comes to sunscreen safety, this distinction is very striking.
The concern with these extremely tiny nanoparticles is that they can find their way into your body by penetrating your skin and getting into your bloodstream.
The important distinction to remember is that Non-Nano particles do not penetrate the skin and enter your body, whereas nanoparticles do.
For this reason, Non-Nano is considered more safe.
We’ve already established that zinc oxide is the most effective active ingredient used in sunscreens.
So, the safest form of zinc oxide to use on your body is Non-Nano zinc oxide, because it does not enter your body. As we covered earlier, it sits on top of your skin, and thus is not absorbed into your skin.
With Non-Nano zinc oxide as the active ingredient in your sunscreen, you’re getting the best of both worlds. You’re getting both the safest and the most effective form of sun protection.
And as an added bonus, it is natural, and it is safe for our beloved marine life and coral reefs.
Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide 19%
Inactive Ingredients: Certified Organic Coconut Oil, Certified Organic Mango Oil, Kosher Vegetable Glycerin, Shea Butter, Candelilla Wax, Non-Nano Zinc Oxide, Cocoa Butter, Carrot Oil, Lavender Oil, Avocado Oil, Rosemary Seed Extract, Xanthan Gum, Citric Acid, Lactic Acid (Vegetable Derived), Organic Beta Carotene, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Glycerol Stearate, Plant Based Phenoxythenol, Sodium Citrate.