Argan Oil is produced from kernels of the argan tree (Argania Spinosa) that is endemic to Morocco. The native inhabitants of Morocco, the Berbers have been using argan oil for centuries to nourish their hair and skin, and to treat different skin problems such as acne, and health problems such as chickenpox and hemorrhoids, as well as using roasted argan oil for gastronomic purposes.
Production of argan oil is a time-consuming and a labour-intensive process. First the hand-picked fruit is left in the open air to dry, and then the fleshy pulp is removed. The next step involves cracking the argan nut to obtain kernels. This difficult hand work often is done by Berber women and they use a stone to crack the nut. Then kernels are gently roasted, ground and pressed to get the oil. Cosmetic argan oil is not roasted.
Argan oil contains – tocopherols (vitamin E), phenols – caffeic acid, oleuropein, vanillic acid, tyrosol and others; carotenes, squalene and essential fatty acids – Oleic acid(Omega-9), Palmitic acid and Linoleic acid(Omega-6). This nutrients rich oil provides antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant action. Beneficial for all skin types.
Argan oil is used for:
- Moisturising – deeply moistures the skin without making it greasy and clogging the pores, hydrates and softens the skin.
- Reduces sebum production – ideal for oily skin, it balances and neutralizes skin’s natural sebum production.
- Anti-aging protection – boosts skins circulation and stimulates cell activity and renewal, helps fade age spots and improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Stretch mark treatment – increases elasticity and smooths the skin’s texture, reduces irritations and redness.
- Heals damaged skin – repairs cracked heels, soothes sunburn, irritated patches, treats acne.
- Hair treatment – gives shine, fortifies, treats split ends, makes hair softer and healthier.
This valuable oil is included in Atlantis Skincare Stretch Mark oil for Pregnant Belly formulation.